Inspirational quotes are the oxygen that has breathed fresh invigoration into my life throughout the years. When facing personal challenges, a quote has often popped into my head and inspired me to press on. When I’ve needed to encourage someone else, often a quote will raise its head up and I find myself sharing it with them.
Quotes appear on Twitter with a vengeance, and are often the most liked and shared expressions found on a range of social media.
People love quotes. Why? They inspire. They motivate. They ignite. They put the gas in our empty tank.
Because they are bite-sized, they are easily digestible, and of course the greatest value is that they are memorable.
So allow me to share with you, in my opinion, the top most inspirational quotes ever uttered.
1. ‘Insist On Yourself: Never Imitate.’ Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. ‘What ever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.’ Napoleon Hill
3. ‘Change your thoughts and you change your world.’ Norman Vincent Peale
4. ‘Tough times never last, but tough people do.’ Robert H. Schuller
5. ‘The three things that are most essential to achievement are common sense, hard work and stick-to-it-iv-ness.’ Thomas Edison
6. ‘Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.’ Mark Twain
7. ‘Well done is better than well said.’ Benjamin Franklin
8. ‘The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.’ Vince Lombardi